There is no doubt that the NHS is in crisis. Last week, the snow showed how close to the brink our services are.
NHS England warned of a severe crisis this winter, saying that -
- Fewer beds would be available
- Patients would be stranded
- Shortage of doctors and nurses continues
- Social Care funding woefully continues
- A & E would be overwhelmed
Despite these warnings, we have seen chaos and indignity, thousands of operations cancelled, patients treated in ambulances and on trolleys, and the 4-hour target for A&E being failed, including at Royal Hampshire County Hospital in Winchester.
We must ensure quality treatment in our hospitals and the survival of the NHS. Labour proper funding for the future. The NHS was created by the Labour Party and we will not let it die at the hands of the Tories.