Winchester Constituency Labour Party [including Chandler's Ford] will be holding a meeting to decide on making a supporting nomination for one of the two candidates in the current leadership election. The meeting will take place next Thursday 11th August at 7.30pm in St. Lawrence Parish Room, Colebrook Street.
The room is set back from the road, near the junction with Colebrook Place; it is a separate building from the nearby Friends Meeting House.
Further to the recent High Court judgement and subsequent guidance form Labour South East this meeting will now be open to all members who joined the party on or before 12th July 2016. If you are in doubt as to your membership date / eligibility please let me know and I will confirm. If you are able to bring your membership card with you to the meeting this will assist with checking eligibility.
Please find agenda for the meeting here and also the detailed guidance from the party as to the conduct of the meeting [provided before the court judgement] here. There will also be an opportunity to discuss any urgent matters relating to party conference in September.
The party has provided instructions and guidance to CLPs on nomination meetings, in particular please note the following -
- Only members of the party who are eligible to vote in the leadership election [i.e. have been members since at least 12th July 2016 and are not in arrears] may attend and participate in this meeting. If you are uncertain of your membership status / date please contact us and we can check.
- A membership check will be in place on arrival, if you are able to bring your party membership card this will assist greatly.
- 10 minutes will be allowed at the start of the meeting for members to read the candidates' statements; any members arriving after this time may not participate in the meeting - please therefore be prompt.
- There will be time for debated however contributions will need to be brief.
- Voting will be by secret ballot with the result announced on the night.
Please get in touch if you have any queries regarding this meeting.