Bringing Community Wealth Building to your town or city
Paint Your Town Red: Bringing Community Wealth Building to your town or city
We know that socialist local government can transform towns and cities.
Join us for a discussion with some of the leading lights of Labour local government who have been blazing a trail on this exciting agenda to talk about what Community Wealth Building is, how it works, and how to get started in your own community.
- Matthew Brown, Leader of Preston Council and co-author of Paint Your Town Red
- Rhian E Jones, Co-Author, Paint Your Town Red
- Janette Williamson, Leader of Wirral Council
- Joe Cullinane, Leader of North Ayrshire Council
- Paul Dennett, Mayor of Salford
- Gaya Sriskanthan, Momentum NCG Co-Chair
In the local elections, some of the only good results came from areas where socialists have begun to remake the local economy, from Salford and Preston to Wirral and beyond.
Community Wealth Building and related forms of municipal socialism and economic democracy have been spreading far and wide as powerful radical yet practical approaches that allow communities to begin taking back control of their own local and regional economies and economic destinies.
(The Winchester and Chandler’s Ford Constituency Labour Party recommends this Webcast to stimulate thought, discussion and the formulation of policy, it does not necessarily endorse it.)