I’m very proud to be the Labour Party candidate in the Hampshire County Council election. I’ve been a Labour Councillor for 10 years in two different local authorities and Leader of Winchester City Council Labour group 2006-2007 so I have considerable local government experience. I fully support the Leader of the Labour Party Sir Keir Starmer and I welcome his endorsement. My 10 point action plan:
- POST-COVID LOCAL ECONOMY – address the issues
- SOCIAL CARE – with the NHS create a joined-up service
- HCC PRIVATISED SERVICES – return to public control
- FOOD BANKS – reduce dependency
- HEALTH – stringently assess post-Covid issues with the NHS
- REAL LIVING WAGE – priority annual promotion
- TRANSPORT SERVICES – improve bus transport, walking & cycling opportunities & reduce city centres car parking
- HCC & WCC – collaborate more effectively for greater public benefit
- APPRENTICESHIPS – incentivise others & promote in HCC
- LEISURE, ART & CULTURE – review, promote, support & improve investment
I will diligently and conscientiously help, support and represent all constituents. I will challenge and change where necessary.
Vote for Peter Rees the Labour Party Candidate for the Winchester Westgate Division in the Hampshire County Council Elections.
Vote for Tony Bunday the Labour and Co-operative Party Candidate for the Hampshire and Isle of Wight Police and Crime Commissioner.