Labour’s Manifesto – Working for Winchester
We are proud to share our own Winchester and Chandler’s Ford’s Labour Party manifesto. There are some highlights in the slide show below or for full details you can read the manifesto Labour Manifesto for Winchester 2019 .
The Labour Party in Winchester stands for fairness of opportunity for everyone. Our Council should deliver high quality services, make our historic city fit for the future, protect the environment, and provide better jobs and genuinely affordable homes in our communities.
Labour has a strong tradition in Winchester of standing up for all local people, and promoting imaginative, innovative and progressive policies. We have helped secure real change for the benefit of the communities we serve and the city as a whole including –
• Helping to secure a substantial increase in social housing within the City district;
• A 20mph speed limit in residential areas;
• Securing and safeguarding the Neighbourhood Warden service.
• Developing local democracy with children helping to choose play equipment.
• Pressing for the Council to become a Living Wage employer.
• Arguing for sound planning policies, with the right homes in the right places, a high quality new leisure centre and the right development at Silver Hill.
With the support of over 700 local Labour Party members and many others, working hard in and for their communities, Labour can and will win in Winchester.